Followers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thanks for the great comments regarding my action plan and I thought I would address why I did not include providing professional development for teachers. 
We are revisiting and making improvements to the infrastructure of our curriculum framework (CF’s) after receiving the results of a curriculum audit done last year.  Part of that infrastructure is the RtI Program.  We are following TEA’s guidelines and full implementation of a successful RtI Program happens over a period of several years.  Here are the four growth stages:
Emerging- The goal of this stage is to build consensus and buy-in for RtI implementation.
Developing- This stage involves designing the infrastructure to implement RtI.
Operationalizing- During this stage, the school implements the structures that were designed during the Developing stage and works to build consistency and fidelity.
Optimizing- Within this stage, the model is embedded and done with fidelity. Schools now focus on how effective the model is and make changes based on data to ensure it is effective.
Our program is still in the developing stage.  Professional development for teachers will be addressed in the Operationalizing stage and is not a part of my action plan.  However, it is a part of my internship plan. 

6 comments:

  1. Penny,

    I'd really like to follow your blog, but can't find the button to click to "follow" . Can you help me? I'm really interested in your topic.

    Thanks!
    Jacqulyn Hahn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie,

      I am new at this...I will see what to do about the "follow" thing. I would love to take a look at yours as well. I will check it out once I finish my assignment! :)

      Delete
  2. Makes total sense now! I know I have pieces in my action research that could have been an action research of their own, but I left them to be just part of my intern plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope by changing my blog to "share with google" fixes the problem. Please let me know if it works! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny,
    Was looking through Solution Tree's PLC Institute for this week and came across this handout - didn't know if it would help with your action research. It is called Tiers without Tears. http://www.solution-tree.com/media/pdf/HOE_Buffum-TiersWithoutTears-r2.pdf

    ReplyDelete